Wenty Leagues promotes Responsible Service of Alcohol in the best interest of its members, guests, staff and the community.
Responsible serving of alcohol is vital for legal, health and community reasons. Our society is now less tolerant of the irresponsible use of alcohol that leads to drunkenness, drink driving, unacceptable behaviour and under age drinking.
Wenty Leagues has adopted the following House Practices, which provide the framework for the Responsible Service of Alcohol and the prevention of intoxication:
– In order to prevent underage drinking, we will require acceptable Proof of Age to be provided when requested.
– Persons who are believed to be intoxicated will be Refused Admission to our premises.
– We will display and refer to our Intoxication Signs in order to support our responsible attitude and meet legislative requirements.
– We will not sell or supply liquor to an intoxicated person. Patrons in this establishment will be Denied Service and Required to Leave the Premises if they are considered to be intoxicated.
– We will not allow any indecent, violent or quarrelsome conduct on our premises.
– All staff will be required to have current RSA competency cards prior to employment with Wenty Leagues and will be required to actively identify and notify their Supervisor or Duty Manager of any person they suspect as approaching intoxication.
– We will support and actively promote initiatives to minimise Drink Driving in order to safeguard the well-being of our patrons.
– The following drinks will not be sold or supplied after 11pm of each trading day:
a) Any drink (commonly referred to as a ‘shot’, a ‘shooter’ or a ‘bomb) that is designed to be consumed rapidly.
b) Any ready to drink (RTD) beverage with an alcohol content greater than 5%.
c) Any drink prepared on the premise that contains more than 30ml of spirit or liquor, other than a cocktail that contains spirit or liquor (or both) mixed with other ingredients and is not designed to be consumed rapidly.
– All bars will use tempered glassware where possible to minimise risk of glass related injury.
– A “two alcoholic drink limit” will be applied to all customers after midnight for each trading day
– Cessation of alcohol service 30 minutes prior to close.
– 2.00 am lockout of patrons (non-members).
– Free water will be available from our bars at all times from designated self-service easy access water points.
– That no new members be signed up after 12.00 midnight.
– That no members can sign in guests after 2.00 am.
– Off premises or Bottle Shop sales will cease from 10.00 pm each trading day.
Wenty Leagues will initiate these practices by:
– Implementing, monitoring and modifying the House Practices on an on-going basis.
– Preventing under-age drinking by insisting on the production of acceptable documentation such as a current photo driver’s licence, passport or proof of age card as detailed in the Australian ID Checking Guide.
– Preventing intoxication by recognising the signs of intoxication and refusing to serve anyone to the point of intoxication.
– We will deny entry or service to anyone we believe is already intoxicated.
– Promoting the service of non-alcoholic beverages, low alcohol beers and food.
Our responsible serving practices aim to:
– Prevent under-age drinking.
– Prevent intoxication.
– Prevent violent or disruptive behaviour.
– Prevent drink driving.